CHIEF STANDING BEAR, Ponca Tribe, Nebraska
In the 1878 lawsuit, Standing Bear v. Crook, the U.S. attorney argued that Standing Bear was neither a citizen nor a person, and as such did not have the standing to sue the government.
Chief Standing Bear was called to testify, becoming the first Native American to do so. He raised his right hand and, through an interpreter, said: “My hand is not the color of yours, but if I pierce it, I shall feel pain. If you pierce your hand, you also feel pain. The blood that will flow from mine will be the same color as yours. The same god made us both. I am a man.”
On April 30, 1879, Judge Dundy agreed, ruling for the first time in U.S. history that “the Indian is a ‘person’ ” and has all the rights and freedoms promised in the Constitution. The judge also ordered Crook to free Standing Bear and his people immediately. [https://history.nebraska.gov/collections/standing-bear-ca-1834-1908-rg1429am]
When did white people get the notion that other people were not persons because of the color of their skin? This idea enabled white people to take everything away from black and brown people.
It’s time for reparations on the behalf of all black and brown people robbed by these white crooks.
How to stop Trump!
- We need to PERSONALLY contact,in a face-to-face way, at LEAST 100,000,000 U.S. voters. The reasons we must do that are laid out HERE.
- We must EXPAND the electorate. We must turn out at LEAST 85,000,000 Democratic voters. The groups we most need to target are examined right HERE.
- Registering new voters is KEY. Voter registration information is HERE.
- Each Democratic activist should set a goal of registering at least 10 new Democratic voters. My thoughts on how to do this are HERE.
- We need clear, effective talking points and a clear plan of action. My suggestions for all of these things are HERE.
- You can already donate money to whoever ends up as Trump’s Democratic opponent. That can be done HERE.
- Florida is a MUST-HAVE state, and Puerto Rican voters are crucial. Here’s what needs doing right
- The women of America are KEY to our victory. Here’s why, HERE.
- Why I am a GOTV fanatic, with some eye-opening stats, right HERE.
- Pennsylvania is KEY. Let’s go for it! Here’s how, right HERE.
- Ohio is KEY. Let’s go for it. Here’s how, right HERE.
These suggestions came from this link: